For our team we are looking for a PostDoc, for the new area virus databases within a DFG-funded project from the National Research Data Infrastructure (NFDI) initiative. The NFDIMicrobiota project brings together five universities, two Helmholz Research Centers, one Leibniz Institute and EMBL across Germany to support a large, heterogeneous research community. It aims to foster interactions between researchers, provide specialized training, and facilitate the generation, management, sharing, and reuse of microbial data and their interpretation.
The Department of RNA Bioinformatics and High Throughput Sequencing Analysis at Friedrich Schiller University Jena is one of the world’s leading computational research groups for viral bioinformatics. Among others, the group leads the European Virus Bioinformatics Center (EVBC) and the Innovative Training Network (ITN) VIROINF.
- You will support the creation of the database and maintain the data sets.
- You will support the training and education of the users of the database and tools.
- You participate in national and international meetings in your area of responsibility.
- Successfully completed university studies in computer science/bioinformatics (with a focus on databases) followed by a doctoral degree
- Knowledge in the area of databases / construction of databases
- Knowledge in virology/sequence analysis is desirable
- Remuneration based on the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Public Sector of the Federal States (TV-L) at salary scale E13 — depending on the candidate’s personal qualifications—, including a special annual payment in accordance with the collective agreement.
- Independent work with one of the largest employers in Thuringia/exciting and varied fields of activity with creative freedom
- You work in national and international network structures with renowned universities and research institutions
- Flexible working hours (flexitime and, if applicable, teleworking)
- A family-friendly working environment with a variety of offers for families: University Family Office ‘JUniFamilie’ and flexible childcare (‘JUniKinder)
- University health promotion and a wide range of university sports activities
- Attractive fringe benefits, e.g. capital formation benefits (VL), Job Ticket (benefits for public transport), and an occupational pension (VBL)
The position is limited to a period of three years until 30.09.2024, subject to funding by the DFG. If the funding is extended, continued employment is possible. This is a full-time position (40 hours per week).
Candidates with severe disabilities will be given preference in the case of equal qualifications and suitability.
Are you eager to work for us? Then submit your detailed written application, preferably by email (one PDF file), stating the vacancy ID 396/2021 by 12.12.2021.
To apply for this job please visit www4.uni-jena.de.